The KR808D-1 Blank Metal Cartomizers resemble traditional tobacco cigarette filters in appearance and contains polyfill, a wick and heating coils which make up the atomizer for the KR808D-1 E-Cigarette kit.
How it works
Once a cartomizer is filled with liquid, the polyfill inside the cartomizer holds the liquid and distributes it slowly to the heating element inside which is activated once the user inhales on the end of the cartomizer. inhaling completes the circuit delivering heat to the heating coil and heating the liquid that is being slowly applied to it via the liquid filled polyfill material.
Cartomizers have been around for quite some time and there is a reason for this… they perform well and are reliable for vaping e-liquid on a daily basis. They can be filled quite a few times and cleaning them is rather easy.
Filling KR808D-1 Cartomizer Metal Cartridge with a syringe (Syringes are available on our store under “Accessories”)
The following are the steps involved in successfully filling a metal cartridge(cartomizer) with liquid:
- Remove cartridge from packaging and remove the clear silicone end cap from the end that has the white rubber insert with the hole in it (not the end that connects to the battery).
- Now using the end of the syringe inserted into the hole in the white rubber end piece, remove the white end piece and set aside.
- Inside you may or may not see a clear silicone ring located on top of the cotton filler. Use the syringe to gently remove this ring and set aside.
- Fill the syringe with 1ml of your favorite E-Liquid by inserting the syringe into the bottle tip and drawing the required amount into the syringe.
- Now insert the syringe needle on the side of the cotton fill against the metal wall. You want the needle to go to the very bottom of the cartridge. You will notice the syringe tip is angled. One way it will always get caught on the cotton filling and the other way it will slide in perfectly. Eventually you will get the hang of it as to how to insert it.
- Once the needle is touching the bottom of the cartridge, release 50% of the liquid. After take the syringe out, try the other side of the cartridge (trying to go as deep as possible) and release the other 50% of the liquid. If you must insert the needle into the cotton, it is ok, but just be sure to release the liquid very slowly so it doesn’t back up on you and fill on top of the cotton. We want the liquid at the very bottom of the cartridge.
- Be sure to slowly release the liquid into the cartridge. If liquid comes up through the center hole, simply allow it and once the syringe is empty, insert it into the center hole and pull on the handle of the syringe to suck up any excess liquid from the hole.
- After your are done filling place the cartridge upside down on a piece of paper towel with the open end facing down so the liquid you inserted into the bottom of the cartridge can now make its way down through the cotton and be fully absorbed.
- Wait about 15 minutes or so and the cartridge should be good to go. Insert the silicone ring (if there was one) back in place and insert the white rubber end piece and finally remove the existing clear silicone end cap. Be sure to wipe off any excess liquid from the end that connects to the battery and screw the cartridge onto the battery. Take long slow puffs at the beginning (first 10 puffs).
Included with your purchase:
- 5 x KR808D-1 Blank Metal Cartomizers
NOTE: These are empty cartridges that do not contain liquid and are used for filling with liquid.
NOTE: KR808D-1 cartomizers are made to be discarded after one use, however numerous people have successfully refilled cartridges many times over and also cleaned the cartridges themselves quite easily and were able to get many more uses from them. Each cartridge is unique and you may or may not be able to get more uses from them, but they are designed for one use only. Please visit our FAQ section for ways in which customers can fill these cartridges and also clean and maintain them for longer usage.
WARNING: Remember to always keep liquid and cartridges away from children or pets as nicotine can be dangerous if ingested. If any liquid comes in contact with your skin, quickly wash with soap and water.